- New Kit Version 3.0!
- Easy install - No soldering, board modifications or special wiring. Plug in and go!
- Save your scores forever - We use a serial eprom, not failure prone NVRAM or batteries
- High Score Save - Saves the Top 5 scores!
- Initial Entry -You can now now enter your initials!
- Has separate score tables - Different high score saving for number of lives chosen! (2, 3, 4 or 5 lives are separate HSS tables!)
- Attract Sounds - Hear what you've been missing! Set on or off during the attract screen rotation!
- Language - Select English or German
- Freeplay - No more coins or opening up the coin door!
- Coin Up - Still supports coins if wanted
- Attract Mode - Minimize your screen burn. No more "static" screens!
- Change DIP settings - On screen menu driven DIP settings. No more pulling out your game to get inside to change dip switches!
- Support - Can be used in an Upright, Cabaret or Cocktail cabinet!
- Backup and Restore - Able to backup high scores and restore them later! Ideal for before and after game room parties!
- Reset Button - Restart a game without turning the entire game off (Requires to be ENABLED in menu and pressing P1 and P2)
- No rom board needed anymore! (This makes the game much more reliable)
- Rom Saver - Program/ROM/RAM-Board MUST be removed (Attention: The 2 graphic RAM boards must stay in the stack)
- Copyright Message - Can be set to remove Highscoresaves
- Using the "Hard Romset" - now the Galaxian level plays in Hard Mode, as well as all the other levels
- Stealth Mode - Able to boot straight to game without seeing DIP Settings menu
- Improved Self Test - Light Test, RAM and a simple Pattern board test added!
You can purchase the online version of the save kit that features the high score upload to the internet above for $15 in the drop down choices. You will receive a specific SK and PK Key that will unlock this feature and an online module that connects with a Cat5 or Cat6 cable. See the bottom of the User Guide for more details on DHCP and DNS settings needed.
The online module will allow you to display your own arcade score board and you can compete against other game players with our save kits globally, in your own country or just in your own game room!*
You can have multiple games with online capabilities on your network. We recommend using an access point in your game room. The access point can have a switch attached that can add up to 64 ports to upload scores. These switches can be purchsed separately at any major electronics store for under $30. Once you have your games online, you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner!
* You are not able to add the online module after the initial purchase as the socket and connectivity LED lights for it will not be populated.
Highscoresaves is the greatest!
Excellent kit from the only company that sells the best score saving kits out there!
Very good add on kit
Love this, easy to order, easy to install
Another great kit from Highscoresaves!
I'm really surprised that there are kits that get "updated" still. I know Highscoresaves take care of their customers, but, I didn't think that they'd listen and make an existing kit even better!
I ordered a few more kits and inquired by email if I can get the new updated rom I saw on Facebook. They said if I ordered something, which they saw I did,they'd "throw it in the box" for free.
Couple days later, box arrived. I saw the 28 pin eproms in there, replaced on my old version kit, poof! Instant satisfaction!
Thanks again !!!!
Nice Kit with some cool options
If you are buying this kit for GORF like I did, the instructions can be a bit confusing because they were written for GORF/Wizard of Wor/Space Zap. The kit in the installation instruction illustrations do no match the kit you receive which can be confusing at first. Also you do not receive two 40-pin sockets that the instructions reference. This can also be confusing. Also the daughter card save kit fits in the original Z80 40-pin socket quite securely and fits into the card cage easily with it pre-installed on the CPU board. The instructions have you install the daughter card after first installing the CPU board with the empty Z80 socket. If you are careful and slowly slide the CPU board into the cage with the daughter card installed, you don't need to install the daughter card once the CPU board is inside the cage. Check out the enhanced game mode in setup!
Glad I purchased!
Just what I needed
Excellent kit and works as described!
Great kit for Gorf!
Very fast shipping and installation was pretty easy. Just followed the installation guide and BOOM! Awesome kit!
Really a great add on for my Gorf. Took my time and read the installation guide, not hard at all to get it going!
Great way to add free play and save my scores
Yesterday I saw your latest GORF HSS 3.0, it looks great. We have it posted on our GORF Facebook group, so I hope you see some sales. We have a few questions:
1. A few of us (me included) have the old GORF HSS kit, is there any way to purchase an upgrade kit or do we need to buy it again?
2. Is it still socketed in the Z80 or is it a satellite board?
3. Do you have any details about your rom & pattern board test? Does it show faults? Thanks again for your great work. I can't wait to play it!
- You can ask for the binary and burn it yourself on the W27c512 on the main daughter card of the kit. Please send a pic of your current kit, as there are some very old ones out there that are not compatible with the upgrade.
- You can have a new eprom mailed to you in the USA for $12 total (Just ask in email)
- You can order anything in the shop and we will add to your package at no charge! (email us the order number quickly after you order)
2-> Same pcb as version 2, straight on top of the socket of the z80 (no spacer needed)
3-> See below -
Pattern board test copies bytes with different offsets from rom into the screen ram with the Pattern board and compares the "result" with the cpu...what a good Pattern board should copy if the copy is identical, it will test "good"... no special mode tested though the static ramtest itself, it tests the ram from $d000-$dff0
The video ramtest tests the video-ram from $4000-$7fff and identifies the broken ram-chip on error (only one at a time)