- New Kit Version 3.0!
- Easy install - No soldering, board modifications or special wiring. Plug in and go!
- Save your scores forever - We use a serial eprom, not failure prone NVRAM or batteries
- High Score Save - Saves the Top 5 scores!
- Initial Entry -You can now now enter your initials!
- Has separate score tables - Different high score saving for number of lives chosen! (2, 3, 4 or 5 lives are separate HSS tables!)
- Attract Sounds - Hear what you've been missing! Set on or off during the attract screen rotation!
- Language - Select English or German
- Freeplay - No more coins or opening up the coin door!
- Coin Up - Still supports coins if wanted
- Attract Mode - Minimize your screen burn. No more "static" screens!
- Change DIP settings - On screen menu driven DIP settings. No more pulling out your game to get inside to change dip switches!
- Support - Can be used in an Upright, Cabaret or Cocktail cabinet!
- Backup and Restore - Able to backup high scores and restore them later! Ideal for before and after game room parties!
- Reset Button - Restart a game without turning the entire game off (Requires to be ENABLED in menu and pressing P1 and P2)
- No rom board needed anymore! (This makes the game much more reliable)
- Rom Saver - Program/ROM/RAM-Board MUST be removed (Attention: The 2 graphic RAM boards must stay in the stack)
- Copyright Message - Can be set to remove Highscoresaves
- Using the "Hard Romset" - now the Galaxian level plays in Hard Mode, as well as all the other levels
- Stealth Mode - Able to boot straight to game without seeing DIP Settings menu
- Improved Self Test - Light Test, RAM and a simple Pattern board test added!
Quick ship, good installation guide and awesome features to save scores and have freeplay
This Gorf kit is awesome. Just what I needed in my cab!
This kit is 5 star. I highly recommend it for any Gorf owner. You can take out the ROM board, there are self-tests built in (which helped me verify a failing pattern board that I had), came with the hard mode roms (which I only had the easy version up til now), and the overall product was well organized and thought out. Joe with Highscoresaves is a real nice guy who took the time to give me a call and listen to my next feature requests I had for this kit. (Ability to switch to easy mode roms within the game, and a way to diagnose ram and pattern boards so you can pinpoint the specific failing chips). If you have a Gorf, get this kit. Great stuff!
Received as a gift, works great!
Fastest shipping I've seen
Will be ordering a few more save kits!
Shipped quick and works great!
Awesome kit! Much needed freeplay!
Gorf is a great game but the lack of free play with attract is a bummer. This kit fixes that AND gets rid of the pesky ROM board with all those PROMs and RAM that can and will fail!
So good. Easy installation.
Great save kits from Highscoresaves.com
One of many i purchased over the years
Excited to install this kit since it arrived!
Followed the instructions and had it running in about 20 min! Works great! Will be ordering more kits from Highscoresaves.com
Arrived fast from Minnesota to California
Great save kit
Gorf needed this save kit
Super fast shipping
Excellent save kit and fast shipping!
Instructions are easy to follow. Took about 10 minutes to install. Saves scores, game play is precise and quick shipping. Highly recommend!
Now saving scores and has free play thanks to this kit!
Very good kit to have
Very happy with this save kit
Another great score saving kit!
Very easy to install and use
Great Gorf save kit
It was pretty easy to install. Just followed the instructions
A must have for any Gorf fan!
Great Price & Great Kit
I have purchased four kits for different machines from Highscores and they are all great. Easy install, just read the install guide carefully first. Great addition to my fully restored GORF.
Easy to install
Great service from HighScoreSaves! Fast shipping
This is a great add on for my Gorf
Pretty simple installation.
This is the kit to kit for your Gorf!!
The save kit for Gorf is a must!
Plays true to original.
Very nice for my Gorf
Appreciate the fast shipping. Saving scores with initials in our game room
Another great kit from Highscoresaves!
We love the features!
This Gorf kit is a mandatory thing for your cab
Able to save high scores with initials. This is a must have for me. The attract sounds in the background when no one is playing is something I didn't know I wanted. The fast shipping from Highscoresaves is just the best
Get it for your cabinet!
Excellent job Highscoresaves!!!
Excellent add on kit
I like this kit. Followed the install guide and was playing in 20 minutes
Good kit for Gorf
Yes! Best upgrade
Love the kit! Game play is great, features are great, Highscoresaves is great!
Plays and saves scores
Great add on
I love Gorf, and now I love high scores being saved. Thanks for a great kit!
Great kit and shipping was quick. Love Highscoresaves!
Excellent kit, fast shipping
Must have for Gorf!
Highscoresaves is the greatest!
Excellent kit from the only company that sells the best score saving kits out there!
Very good add on kit
Love this, easy to order, easy to install
Another great kit from Highscoresaves!
I'm really surprised that there are kits that get "updated" still. I know Highscoresaves take care of their customers, but, I didn't think that they'd listen and make an existing kit even better!
I ordered a few more kits and inquired by email if I can get the new updated rom I saw on Facebook. They said if I ordered something, which they saw I did,they'd "throw it in the box" for free.
Couple days later, box arrived. I saw the 28 pin eproms in there, replaced on my old version kit, poof! Instant satisfaction!
Thanks again !!!!
Nice Kit with some cool options
If you are buying this kit for GORF like I did, the instructions can be a bit confusing because they were written for GORF/Wizard of Wor/Space Zap. The kit in the installation instruction illustrations do no match the kit you receive which can be confusing at first. Also you do not receive two 40-pin sockets that the instructions reference. This can also be confusing. Also the daughter card save kit fits in the original Z80 40-pin socket quite securely and fits into the card cage easily with it pre-installed on the CPU board. The instructions have you install the daughter card after first installing the CPU board with the empty Z80 socket. If you are careful and slowly slide the CPU board into the cage with the daughter card installed, you don't need to install the daughter card once the CPU board is inside the cage. Check out the enhanced game mode in setup!
Glad I purchased!
Just what I needed
Excellent kit and works as described!
Great kit for Gorf!
Very fast shipping and installation was pretty easy. Just followed the installation guide and BOOM! Awesome kit!
Really a great add on for my Gorf. Took my time and read the installation guide, not hard at all to get it going!
Great way to add free play and save my scores
Yesterday I saw your latest GORF HSS 3.0, it looks great. We have it posted on our GORF Facebook group, so I hope you see some sales. We have a few questions:
1. A few of us (me included) have the old GORF HSS kit, is there any way to purchase an upgrade kit or do we need to buy it again?
2. Is it still socketed in the Z80 or is it a satellite board?
3. Do you have any details about your rom & pattern board test? Does it show faults? Thanks again for your great work. I can't wait to play it!
- You can ask for the binary and burn it yourself on the W27c512 on the main daughter card of the kit. Please send a pic of your current kit, as there are some very old ones out there that are not compatible with the upgrade.
- You can have a new eprom mailed to you in the USA for $12 total (Just ask in email)
- You can order anything in the shop and we will add to your package at no charge! (email us the order number quickly after you order)
2-> Same pcb as version 2, straight on top of the socket of the z80 (no spacer needed)
3-> See below -
Pattern board test copies bytes with different offsets from rom into the screen ram with the Pattern board and compares the "result" with the cpu...what a good Pattern board should copy if the copy is identical, it will test "good"... no special mode tested though the static ramtest itself, it tests the ram from $d000-$dff0
The video ramtest tests the video-ram from $4000-$7fff and identifies the broken ram-chip on error (only one at a time)
OK, received the Gorf Upgrade you sent in the mail (thank you)! Where does it go?
You want to replace the w27c512 eprom (and possibly the 28 pin narrow GAL if sent also...some may need the GAL changed, while some do not (depends on age of kit)
See pic, the one to change is circled in yellow (the other is RAM)
Hi. On the set up menu, the game mode has “original” and “enhanced”. Can you tell me what the difference is?
"Enanced" mode disables the leading 000 on the scores. Example -
Instead of "000100" it will show "100"
Hope that helps!