Donkey Kong is considered to be the earliest video game with a storyline that visually unfolds on screen. The eponymous Donkey Kong character is the game's de facto villain. The hero is a carpenter originally unnamed in the Japanese arcade release, later named Jumpman and then Mario. Donkey Kong kidnaps Mario's girlfriend, originally known as Lady, but later renamed Pauline. The player must take the role of Mario and rescue her. This is the first occurrence of the damsel in distress scenario that provided the template for countless video games to come.
- Easy install - No soldering, board modifications or special wiring. Plug in and go!
- Save your scores forever - We use a serial eprom, not failure prone NVRAM or batteries
- High Score Save - Saves the Top 5 scores and initials!
- Initial Entry - Able to enter 3 or 12 characters (Selectable in onscreen menu)
- Logo - Able to switch to manufacturer logo or HighScoreSaves logo on attract screen
- Extended scoring - Now saves scores over 1,000,000 points!
- Has separate score tables - Different high score saving for each mode (Standard/Practice/Pauline)
- Attract Sounds - Hear what you've been missing! Set at 25%, 50% or 100% of the attract screen rotation!
- Freeplay - No more coins or opening up the coin door!
- Coin Up - Still supports coins if wanted
- Attract Mode - Minimize your screen burn. No more "static" screens!
- Change DIP settings - Menu driven. No more pulling out your game to get inside to change dip switches!
- Rom Saver - You can remove original program roms if desired to save power!
- Support - Can be used in an Upright or Cocktail cabinet!
- Game Menu - Now playing with easy to select game menu!
- Choose ROM revision (US/Japan)
- Practice Mode (starting at Level 4 Girder, Elevator, Rivet and Pie Factory stages)
- Slow Down on Practice Mode by Pressing a Start button (slows the level down to half speed) - useful on the Elevator level for example. This is only available in practice mode
- Wild Barrel Hack - All barrels thrown are Type 2!
- Color Barrel Hack - Learn how to control the barrels
- No Kill screen Hack - Live on man, live on!
You CANNOT "stack" the DK Remix kit with this HSS/Free Play kit.
You can purchase the online version of the save kit that features the high score upload to the internet above for $15 in the drop down choices. You will receive a specific SK and PK Key that will unlock this feature and an online module that connects with a Cat5 or Cat6 cable. See the bottom of the User Guide for more details on DHCP and DNS settings needed.
The online module will allow you to display your own arcade score board and you can compete against other game players with our save kits globally, in your own country or just in your own game room!*
You can have multiple games with online capabilities on your network. We recommend using an access point in your game room. The access point can have a switch attached that can add up to 64 ports to upload scores. These switches can be purchsed separately at any major electronics store for under $30. Once you have your games online, you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner!
* You are not able to add the online module after the initial purchase as the socket and connectivity LED lights for it will not be populated.
Greatest DK kit!
Love all the easy to use screen selections!
I really like this kit. Excellent customer service and very fast shipping.
very excellent shipping time. good kit for my game
Very happy with the ordering process, shipping communication and the installation of this DK kit. Great features that no other Kong kit has. Well worth the money, highly recommend!
Love the easy menu in screen and the wild barrel game in it. So cool
Easy plug n play
Easy to use kit, very some installation
This kit is awesome. Practice levels along with the other features. Was going to get the Braze kit until I saw this. Thanks guys!
Great kit for the price
Why are there different kits? Online, Offline, Braze?
This is a GREAT question!
Let's start with this - "What is the difference between this kit and the Braze kit?"
Well, the answer is not much! This is a "crossover" kit that both Braze and we did. The kit for this particular game is very similar to the Braze kit or as we like to say, the Braze kit is very similar to our kit.
Now, when we get to Donkey Kong, any of our online kits or even all of our exclusive kits, then, that's another story! Supporting current development is ALWAYS appreciated and will keep more and more NEW and EXCLUSIVE kits coming out for years to come. Support the current guy! :)
Our kits also have a few more bells and whistles. Attract sounds can be adjusted and used in conjunction with free play, so no coins are needed. Our menu system is screen based, no need for a service and/or test switch. All Braze kits requires these. Our kits do not.