Donkey Kong is considered to be the earliest video game with a storyline that visually unfolds on screen. The eponymous Donkey Kong character is the game's de facto villain. The hero is a carpenter originally unnamed in the Japanese arcade release, later named Jumpman and then Mario. Donkey Kong kidnaps Mario's girlfriend, originally known as Lady, but later renamed Pauline. The player must take the role of Mario and rescue her. This is the first occurrence of the damsel in distress scenario that provided the template for countless video games to come.
- Easy install - No soldering, board modifications or special wiring. Plug in and go!
- Save your scores forever - We use a serial eprom, not failure prone NVRAM or batteries
- High Score Save - Saves the Top 5 scores and initials!
- Initial Entry - Able to enter 3 or 12 characters (Selectable in onscreen menu)
- Logo - Able to switch to manufacturer logo or HighScoreSaves logo on attract screen
- Extended scoring - Now saves scores over 1,000,000 points!
- Has separate score tables - Different high score saving for each mode (Standard/Practice/Pauline)
- Attract Sounds - Hear what you've been missing! Set at 25%, 50% or 100% of the attract screen rotation!
- Freeplay - No more coins or opening up the coin door!
- Coin Up - Still supports coins if wanted
- Attract Mode - Minimize your screen burn. No more "static" screens!
- Change DIP settings - Menu driven. No more pulling out your game to get inside to change dip switches!
- Rom Saver - You can remove original program roms if desired to save power!
- Support - Can be used in an Upright or Cocktail cabinet!
- Game Menu - Now playing with easy to select game menu!
- Choose ROM revision (US/Japan)
- Practice Mode (starting at Level 4 Girder, Elevator, Rivet and Pie Factory stages)
- Slow Down on Practice Mode by Pressing a Start button (slows the level down to half speed) - useful on the Elevator level for example. This is only available in practice mode
- Wild Barrel Hack - All barrels thrown are Type 2!
- Color Barrel Hack - Learn how to control the barrels
- No Kill screen Hack - Live on man, live on!
You CANNOT "stack" the DK Remix kit with this HSS/Free Play kit.
Had a choice, bought the Highscoresaves version
We like to support Highscoresaves that currently develops new kits for our games. Kit works perfectly and doesn't use those stupid fat header pins that's too big for Nintendo sockets to make an easy install
Happy with the kit
Just took minutes to install
Glad I got this
Pretty cool kit. Installs in a few minutes, easy to navigate menu for settings.
We love it!
Practice levels really help.
Love the practice levels!
Great save kit for DK
Easy to install and use
An easy to install kit
Good experience. Easy ordering off the site, fast shipping and installation was a breeze.
Replaced my old Braze kit with this version
Love this kit. Excellent menu and more features than my old kit
Great gift for my husband
He loves it!
Really easy to install
Fast shipping, easy to install,good on screen menu for dip switch settings
Worth the extra $5
Easily the best DK kit
Best DK kit out there. Great options and an easy menu
Greatest DK kit!
Love all the easy to use screen selections!
I really like this kit. Excellent customer service and very fast shipping.
very excellent shipping time. good kit for my game
Very happy with the ordering process, shipping communication and the installation of this DK kit. Great features that no other Kong kit has. Well worth the money, highly recommend!
Love the easy menu in screen and the wild barrel game in it. So cool
Easy plug n play
Easy to use kit, very some installation
This kit is awesome. Practice levels along with the other features. Was going to get the Braze kit until I saw this. Thanks guys!
Great kit for the price
Why are there different kits? Online, Offline, Braze?
This is a GREAT question!
Let's start with this - "What is the difference between this kit and the Braze kit?"
Well, the answer is not much! This is a "crossover" kit that both Braze and we did. The kit for this particular game is very similar to the Braze kit or as we like to say, the Braze kit is very similar to our kit.
Now, when we get to Donkey Kong, any of our online kits or even all of our exclusive kits, then, that's another story! Supporting current development is ALWAYS appreciated and will keep more and more NEW and EXCLUSIVE kits coming out for years to come. Support the current guy! :)
Our kits also have a few more bells and whistles. Attract sounds can be adjusted and used in conjunction with free play, so no coins are needed. Our menu system is screen based, no need for a service and/or test switch. All Braze kits requires these. Our kits do not.