Space Zap Free Play and High Score Save Kit
- Easy install - No soldering, board modifications or special wiring. Plug in and go!
- Save your scores forever - We use a serial eprom, not failure prone NVRAM or batteries
- High Score Save - Saves the Top 5 scores!
- Initial Entry -You can now now enter your initials!
- Has separate score tables - Different high score saving for number of lives chosen! (2, 3, 4 or 5 lives are separate HSS tables!)
- Freeplay - No more coins or opening up the coin door!
- Coin Up - Still supports coins if wanted
- Attract Mode - Minimize your screen burn. No more "static" screens during Freeplay
- Change DIP settings - Menu driven. No more pulling out your game to get inside to change dip switches!
- Support - Can be used in an Upright or Cocktail cabinet!
- Backup and Restore - Able to backup high scores and restore them later! Ideal for before and after game room parties!
- Reset Button - Restart a game without turning the entire game off (Requires to be ENABLED in menu and pressing P1 and P2)
- No rom board needed anymore! (This makes the game much more reliable)
- Rom Saver - Program/ROM/RAM-Board MUST be removed (Attention: The 2 graphic RAM boards must stay in the stack)
You can purchase the online version of the save kit that features the high score upload to the internet above for $15 in the drop down choices. You will receive a specific SK and PK Key that will unlock this feature and an online module that connects with a Cat5 or Cat6 cable. See the bottom of the User Guide for more details on DHCP and DNS settings needed.
The online module will allow you to display your own arcade score board and you can compete against other game players with our save kits globally, in your own country or just in your own game room!*
You can have multiple games with online capabilities on your network. We recommend using an access point in your game room. The access point can have a switch attached that can add up to 64 ports to upload scores. These switches can be purchsed separately at any major electronics store for under $30. Once you have your games online, you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner!
* You are not able to add the online module after the initial purchase as the socket and connectivity LED lights for it will not be populated.
Arrived quick and highly recommend this save kit
My fiancé loved this gift!
Another great kit for my arcade games!
Space Zap is a must have gane for me so we bought the save kit!
This is a guarantee buy if you have a Space Zap!
Saving all out scores...
This kit is a pretty easy install. Saving our scores now!!
Absolutely great kit, had some questions and Joe went above and beyond, he cares about the client and the support after the product has been sold, he is not just trying to push kits. Cannot recommend these kits enough, you will be extremely satisfied with the quality and the support you will receive.
What is "enhanced mode" on Space Zap?
Normal (or standard) = Coin Counter 1 - The output is used as a coin counter
Enhanced = Coin Counter 1 - The output is used to control (for example) a 12v LED strip for explosions...(it flashes in the opposite way of the explosion on screen)
Hardware modifications / Explanation -
The plug inside the coin door (coming from the main harness) that connects to coin counter 1 has 2 wires -
- Blue/Red = +10.5 volts DC
- Black/Red = This wire is switched by the gamecode to gnd...
Usually, the code switches the black/red wire to gnd for a few milliseconds (to count) after a coin is inserted.
When you switch to enhanced mode -
Use these two wires to connect to a black lightt LED strip (with an input voltage of approximately +12v DC)
Now, the led strip will flash in the opposite way like the explosion flashes!
Put one led strip on the very left, as well one led strip on the very right of the black cardboard bezel (between cardboard and glass bezel)
See the quick video under the Video Tab. This will show the effects on a Spaze Zap cabaret!