- Kit installs in just minutes.
- No board modifications or special wiring is required.
- New! Extended scoring. This kit contains special code modifications allowing scores up to 9,999,990 instead of the original 99,990. No more losing your high score when you roll over the 100K mark.
- Top 10 extended high scores and initials are remembered permanently, long after the game has been powered off.
- No batteries to replace ever.
Kit is based on the REV2 version of asteroids. To insure proper compatibility, a REV2 vector eprom is needed. See Revisions to determine if you have the REV2 or REV1 code revision. A REV2 vector eprom is included as part of the kit at no extra charge.
Easy to clear out the high scores when desired. Simply put the game into selftest (using the cabinet selftest switch). Once in selftest mode, press (and hold) all four of the following buttons (left,right,fire and thrust). The screen will imediately show "ERASED" indicating the high scores have been cleared out. This is the same procedure used by Asteroids Deluxe to reset the high score table.
Fixes the "missing last letter on the 10th score" bug. There is a bug in the Atari REV2 code wherby every time you start a game, the last letter (initial) in the 10th score is erased. This kit codeset has the fix to that errata.
- A simple to install high score save kit that permanently remembers the top 10 scores and initials for Asteroids.
- No batteries required.
- Plus extended scoring!
- This kit contains special code modifications extending the maximum score from 99,990 to 9,999,990.
- Installs in minutes!
- No special wiring or soldering is required.
Simply remove the 6502 CPU chip from your Asteroids board, insert the 6502 CPU chip into the daughter card (pictured right) and then plug the daughter card into the vacated 6502 CPU socket on the board.
High scores and initials can easily be cleared out at any time by putting the game into self test and pressing all four of the following buttons (left,right,fire and thrust) at the same time.
Hi I bought this kit in October and just got around to installing it , I get 2 solid red start buttons and no screen When I remove it my game plays fine Any idea on any issues that would cause this ? I’ve been repairing arcade boards for over 25 years and I’m not sure what would cause this?
A common mistake is not having the daughter card inserted correctly, either hanging over the socket by one pin, or in backwards. In this case the screen will be blank and the start LEDS are probably lit.
Another common mistake is for the 6502 CPU to have been inserted incorrectly, either backwards, or possibly with a pin bent that did not insert into the socket properly.