Ultimate Donkey Kong 3DK Multigame with Remix Multigame Free Play and High Score Save Kit
- This kit has the Remix Collection
- This kit has the External Sound Module
- This kit installs on a Donkey Kong pcb
This is the newest Donkey Kong kit to the scene! Yes, it saves scores, it has free play and of course ... attract sounds! This is what you have come to expect, not something that came out over 20 years ago...this kit is made in the 21st century! This is NOT a Double Donkey Kong. This is a kit that you install on a Donkey Kong boardset that plays Donkey Kong, Donkey Kong Jr, Donkey Kong 3, D2K: Jumpman Returns PLUS the Rearranged Edition and UNLOCKABLE Editions on your pcb!
No special wiring is required, and no special switches are needed! Enter the Modern Menu by holding down P1 for 4 seconds. You will be instantly placed at the Game Select Menu!
Join our 3DK Ultimate Donkey Kong Multigame group!
Game List -
- Donkey Kong
- Pauline Donkey Kong
- Donkey Kong Junior
- Donkey Kong 3
- D2K: Jumpman Returns
- Pauline D2K: Jumpman Returns
- Donkey Kong Japan ROMS
- Donkey Kong Jr. Japan ROMS
- Practice Levels!
PLUS This kit contains the Remix Collection -
- Donkey Kong Remix
- Donkey Kong Jr. Remix
- Donkey Kong Christmas Remix
- Donkey Kong Spooky Remix
PLUS these NEW Unlockable "Editions"! -
(Click the name for a video) -
- Rearranged Edition (You'll love this! If you know my other kits, you'll LOVE this intertwined game level line up!)
- Drunken Master Edition (Grab the bottle for 2X points [while the 30 second timer is running] and controls are BACKWARDS!
- Black Hammer Edition (When the lights go out, what do you do?)
- Wild Barrel Edition (More Wild Barrels than ever before!)
- Miner 2049er Edition (If you remember this game from growing up, you'll love this challenging Edition! Wikipedia info HERE)
- Builders Edition (Watch the vid!)
- FHMC Edition (Yeppers! Faster, Harder, more Challenging Rearranged Edition that has the line up with L04 and higher!)
- Personal Edition (Create your own version of Rearranged!)
The Ultimate 3DK Multigame kit is available HERE
*This kit includes the royalty fee to add the Remix Collection, as the creator of all the Remix games needs to be paid for all his hard work! The D2K creator is also getting his share of each kit too!
Let's start by saying some facts of what this Ultimate 3DK Multigame kit entails...
Do I need to send in my PCB to get the kit installed?
You DO NOT have to send your PCB in to get "upgraded"! You can save the shipping and install yourself in approximately 15 minutes! No soldering is necessary. Check out the new installation video guide. Who needs a PDF anymore? Sheesh...
Wait?!? I can install it myself? Yes.
Does the 3DK Multigame kit sound correct?
There are options that you, the buyer of the 3DK Multigame kit, can select in the interactive Game Settings menu, to allow for the best sound possible to your ears. We all know the original sounds, now you can play each game the way it should be. The "walking", "climbing", "falling", "jump" analog sounds are being used from DK on DKJr game inside the kit. There is also an option to use the NES version of sounds for DKJr analog. There is also a 100% accurate sounds, external module that is on your kit, this is set in the settings as default.
I've heard that you can only run both games on a DKJR PCB?!?
Well, you've been told wrong for many years. Some also said that DK3 won't run on a DK PCB too, again, that's not true. As you can now see on our YouTube Channel.
This kit plays on a Donkey Kong PCB. Not a DKJR, not a DK3, the original 2 PCB board stack that came in an upright DK back in the day.
Customers have asked, "Will this kit be able to play on a 4 board DK stack?" - Short answer is no. The daughter cards that are for this 3DK Multigame kit only fit on the 2 PCB stack. Will I change the layout of the kit to accomodate a 4 board stack? Possible, but, do not hold your breath.
There are other projects way ahead of a "cocktail stack" kit. Sorry. Will the 3DK kit allow you to play in a cocktail table? Only if you have a DKJR cocktail, with a DK 2 board stack inside. A normal DK cocktail does not have the room to put a 2 board stack inside. Hope that makes things clear!
Let's get to some of the fun stuff! See below.
- Install Video - No soldering required, board modifications or special harness wiring. Plug in and go!
- Modern Menu - The coolest interactive game menu to date! You can also choose a standard game list menu
- Save your scores forever - We use a serial eprom, not a failure prone NVRAM or batteries that expire or need changed
- High Score Saves - Saves the Top 5 scores and initials for each game!
- Has separate score tables - Different high score saving for each mode (Donkey Kong/DKJr/DK3/Pauline etc)
- High Score Saves "Splash" Logo - Able to turn on and off between game changes/startup
- Extended scoring - Now saves scores over 1,000,000 points for all games!
- Attract Sounds - Hear what you've been missing! Set at 25%, 50% or 100% of the attract screen rotation!
- Freeplay - No more coins or opening up the coin door!
- Coin Up - Still supports coins if wanted
- Cabinet type - Upright or cocktail
- Screen Saver - Minimize your screen burn. No more "static" screens if on free play! (if left on the game select menu, it will auto select a game's attract screens)
- Change DIP settings - Menu driven. No more pulling out your game to get inside to change dip switches! (coinage/free play/bonus lives etc)
- Rom Saver - You can remove original program roms if desired to save power!
- Practice Mode (Most start at Level 4, some may start on an easier level)
- Expansion Module - For the truest sounds playing ALL the games!
- Kill screen switchable - Live on man, live on! Able to turn on/off in DIPs (only on standard DK/Pauline)
- Do you have any questions concerning this product?
- YouTube Videos
- 3DK Ultimate Donkey Kong Multigame Group
- Further products by High Score Saves
Amazing this is an option for our DK arcade
We LOVE all the games and it's a hit!
I’m an idiot!
Absolutely Love this kit! The only issue I had was not paying close enough attention to installation instructions. After contacting Joe, who is awesome and responded VERY quickly, he took the time and walked me right through to where my mistake was. Turned out I hooked the sound wire onto the wrong resistor. It was supposed to be hooked onto R1, and my dumb @$$ had it hooked on R13. That’s what I get for doing this all at 3am. BIG thanks to Joe for all his help and for all his awesome kits, I’ve been a customer of HSS for quite a few years and Joe has never let me down! Bottom line, don’t be a Tommy. ;)
Now onto unlocking all the goodies. :)
This is the BEST kong kit available anywhere!
Recommend thos to anyone with a donkey kong arcade!
This is a no brainer to buy
What's not to love? Play DK, DKJR, DK3, D2K, DK Remix (along with Christmas and Halloween versions) DKJR Remix, DK Deluxe Rearranged, Pauline DK! And, you can "unlock" more versions by playing.
Takes about 20 minutes to install on your board. We'll worth it!
Amazing to finally have all of the Donkey Kongs (plus more) on a single board!
This one is pricy, but it adds a ton of value to your Donkey Kong pcb. I'm really enjoying it and, if you go slow, the install isn't too bad. Great kit and great support for my questions from HSS!
Get this amazing Donkey Kong kit!
Every Kong game plus some new ones!
My Menu is corrupt! What do I do?
This is the pic Adam had on his screen -
Let's start simple...
What does each daughter card do on the kit?
- 2e+2f = colors only | 2n = colors of characters (no objects!)
- 3n/3p = character set
- 7c,7d,7e,7f = objects (sprites)
Colors seem to be ok (so, not 2e-2f), Character colors seem to be ok (girders have the correct color) -> So, not 2N,
Charactes are ok (girders are girders) ->So, not 3n/3p.
Only the sprites are not correct, I would bet on the cable with the grabber off the 7c-7f daughter pcb or, just reseat the whole 7c-7f pcb