A simple to install high score save kit that permanently remembers the top 5 scores and initials for Donkey Kong 3. Also saves the current FREE PLAY setting. No batteries required. Installs in minutes! No special wiring or soldering is required. Simply remove the Z80 chip from your Donkey Kong 3 CPU board, insert this Z80 CPU chip into the daughter card (pictured right) and then plug the daughter card into the vacated Z80 socket on the CPU board. Thats it!
- Kit installs in just minutes.
- No board modifications or special wiring is required. See detailed Installation Guide.
- Top 5 high scores and initials are remembered permanently, long after the game has been powered off.
- No batteries to replace ever.
- Free play, which can be enabled or disabled via the standard Donkey Kong 3 test mode function, is also saved. See Donkey Kong 3 test mode operation.
- Top 5 high scores and initials can be erased (set back to default) by going into test mode and clearing the "bookeeping distributions".
The Braze Donkey Kong 3 kit uses the Service Switch inside the coin door to access the on screen menu. The HighScoreSaves version DOES NOT require this.