- Easy install - No soldering, board modifications or special wiring. Plug in and go!
- Save your scores forever - We use a serial eprom, not failure prone NVRAM or batteries
- High Score Save - Saves the Top 5 scores!
- Has separate score tables - Different high score saving for each life in settings
- Freeplay - No more coins or opening up the coin door!
- Coin Up - Still supports coins if wanted
- Attract Mode - Minimize your screen burn. No more "static" screens!
- Change DIP settings - Menu driven. No more pulling out your game to get inside to change dip switches!
- Rom Saver - You can remove original program roms if desired to save power!
- Support - Can be used in an Upright or Cabaret cabinet!
- Backup and Restore - Able to backup high scores and restore them later! Ideal for before and after game room parties!
- Reset Button - Restart a game without turning the entire game off (Requires to be ENABLED in menu)
- Fast boot - No waiting for initialization!
You can purchase the online version of the save kit that features the high score upload to the internet above for $15 in the drop down choices. You will receive a specific SK and PK Key that will unlock this feature and an online module that connects with a Cat5 or Cat6 cable. See the bottom of the User Guide for more details on DHCP and DNS settings needed.
The online module will allow you to display your own arcade score board and you can compete against other game players with our save kits globally, in your own country or just in your own game room!*
You can have multiple games with online capabilities on your network. We recommend using an access point in your game room. The access point can have a switch attached that can add up to 64 ports to upload scores. These switches can be purchsed separately at any major electronics store for under $30. Once you have your games online, you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner!
* You are not able to add the online module after the initial purchase as the socket and connectivity LED lights for it will not be populated.
Fun to play. Saving all scores now. Thank you
Great upgrade to my Crazy Kong
As a kid, I never played "Donkey Kong" - the local laundrymat had Crazy Kong! So it's always had a soft spot in my heart. I have a Crazy Kong, but really, the lack of being able to save high scores and no freeplay was a bit of a bummer. So when I saw this kit was available, I grabbed one! It was easy to install (a recommendation - if your board has the z80 soldered in, cut out the old one and order a new one above with a socket - the Falcon board is a bit fragile and it's easier to cut the pins on the old CPU rather than trying to salvage it. Cut it out, put in the socket, and add the kit in with a new CPU).
I have mine running, and I made some adjustments to the attract mode sounds to customize it. Now I get Jumpman's Karate yell every few screens, and I can remove the button I had rigged up for freeplay, since the kit now includes it. If you love Crazy Kong, get this kit!