- Easy install - No soldering, board modifications or special wiring. Plug in and go! (Please read the installation guide)
- Save your scores forever - We use eeproms, not failure prone NVRAM or batteries
- High Score Save - Saves all scores, top 3, only the first, or none
- Has separate score tables - Different high score saving for each game! All have their own HST!
- Attract Sounds - Hear what you've been missing! Set at 25%, 50% or 100% of the attract screen rotation!
- Freeplay - No more coins or opening up the coin door!
- Coin Up - Still supports coins if wanted
- Attract Mode - Minimize your screen burn. No more "static" screens! It will rotate through the game demo
- Change DIP settings - Menu driven. No more pulling out your game to get inside to change dip switches!
- Rom Saver - Original program roms can be removed
- Backup and Restore - Able to backup high scores and restore them later! Ideal for before and after game room parties!
- Choose number of lives to start with
- Difficulty Level (Normal, Hard, Harder, Hardest)
- Menus for normal dip settings, custom settings
- Menu for game select (Standard list with button use OR Picture Menu with gun use to select
- Stealth Mode - Choose what game the kit boots to! (Game is last game played or from game list) Able to enable or disable the sub menu for settings (now guests cannot get in)
- Rom Saver - all original program roms CAN (SHOULD) be removed with kit installed
- Able to choose your game menu! Choose from the word list OR from the marquee pictures! On the marquee menu, you shoot the game marquee 1 time, it will blink for 2 seconds, then it starts the game. If you shoot that title again within the 2 seconds, it will start the game immediately.
- Choose your kit startup sound (I'll let you guys have fun with this one. There are 32 samples [not all game related either])
- God Mode
- Can disable the HSS Logo when games start up
- More to be added later...
- Catch 22
- Clay Pigeon
- Hit n Miss
This was so much in need
An improvement over the old kit that was getting over $800 for the kit only. Nice to see this under $200usd and more features. Some of the diagnostics tools got another 440 pcb up and running. Keep up the great work. This is the first of many more orders!
Been wanting of these kits and couldn't find one under $1000. Hell, the old kit sold for $350 new. This one is under $200, new, and has more and better features. Plain and simple, just get it if you have a cabinet
Been waiting forever to find this kit!
Kit is average to install. Just took my time. Didn't have to solder anything, took pictures of how to reconnect the harness when I removed the pcb.
Really like the one way menu to navigate to change the settings and the shooting the marquee to start the game.
This was a much wanted kit. Shipped quickly to the UK. This kit overall is simple to install on my Cheyenne pcb, adds so many games and features. We love the Terminator startup sound.
If you have an Exidy 440 game, this kit BLOWS AWAY what I saw on the new FPGA and DESTROYS the old and outdated other 440 kit. Highscoresaves just knocked it out of the park!
This is the kit!
It you have a Crossbow or any Exidy 440 game really, get this kit. The new option for a word or icon menu is just awesome! The other dip settings in the menu are great and easy to navigate. Love the selectable start up sounds. Great job Highscoresaves! Highly recommend this kit
What does CB and HSS table in sound menu do?
Crossbow was designed and programmed for two speakers. (all the others uses stereo in the main code, but forced to mono in the sound code...
Crossbow stereo -
The program can fade sounds from the very left (=0) over center (=80) to the very right (=159). The volume of the sound of the speaker is decreased depending on the fader shown in the table below
- Orange = Volume left speaker
- Blue = Volume right speaker
- Fading from 0-159 (80 = center, 0 = left, 159 = right)
The original crossbow uses the "crossbow stereo table" (On center, it decreases the volume of both speakers)
HSS_stereo, not so much.
- When set to stereo_CB the exidy 440 kit uses the crossbow stereo table for ALL THE GAMES
- When set to stereo_HSS the exidy 440 kit uses the HSS_STEREO table for ALL THE GAMES
- When set to mono, both speakers always outputs in the same volume
- When set to original,. crossbow outputs stereo with the crossbow stereo table, all others MONO