- Easy install - Kit has no soldering, board modifications or special wiring. Plug in and go on your Tron pcb!
- 8 digit scoring - Now scores can go to 99,999,999 instead of 999,999 and rolling back to 0!
- Save your scores forever - We use a serial eprom, not failure prone NVRAM or batteries
- High Score Save - Saves the Top 10 scores!
- Has separate score tables - Different high score saving for each of the 4 game menues
- Attract Sounds - Hear what you've been missing! Set at 25%, 50% or 100% of the attract screen rotation!
- Freeplay - No more coins or opening up the coin door!
- Coin Up - Still supports coins if wanted
- Attract Mode - Minimize your screen burn. No more "static" screens!
- Change DIP settings - Menu driven. No more pulling out your game to get inside to change dip switches!
- Rom Saver - You can remove original program roms if desired to save power!
- Support - Can be used in an Upright or Cabaret cabinet!
- Backup and Restore - Able to backup high scores and restore them later! Ideal for before and after game room parties!
- Reset Button - Restart a game without turning the entire game off (Requires to be ENABLED in menu)
- ROM Revision - Satan's Holow and Tron use the latest revisions (Tron is 8/09)
- Choose your game! Tron or Satan's Hollow
- Satan's Hollow SHIELD is activated with your choice of Spinner, Up, Down or Player 2 button (default) [all menu selectable]
- HIgh Score Table - Save your top 10 scores with initials
- Cocktail, Cabaret or Upright
- Choose number of lives (3, 4, 5, 6 per game)
- Choose when you earn a bonus life (10,000, 20,000, 40,000, 80,000)
- Difficulty Level (1 through 9)
- Free play or coin/token
- Separate High Score Table for each life chosen
- Attract Sounds that you can set for 25%, 50% or every attract screen!
- Coin per credit if not on freeplay
- Show original Midway logos or the website logo
- Menus for normal dip settings, custom settings
- Save all 10 scores, only top score, top 3 scores
- Backup and restore scores before and after your next party
- Menu for game select
- Able to enable or disable the sub menu for settings (now guests cannot get in)
- "Stealth Mode" - Choose what game the kit boots to! (Game is last game played or from game list)
You can purchase the online version of the save kit that features the high score upload to the internet above for $15 in the drop down choices. You will receive a specific SK and PK Key that will unlock this feature and an online module that connects with a Cat5 or Cat6 cable. See the bottom of the User Guide for more details on DHCP and DNS settings needed.
The online module will allow you to display your own arcade score board and you can compete against other game players with our save kits globally, in your own country or just in your own game room!*
You can have multiple games with online capabilities on your network. We recommend using an access point in your game room. The access point can have a switch attached that can add up to 64 ports to upload scores. These switches can be purchased separately at any major electronics store for under $30. Once you have your games online, you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner!
* You are not able to add the online module after the initial purchase as the socket and connectivity LED lights for it will not be populated.
I’m getting an interface error. Sound status FF I had cd jump repair my board set and install my hss kit. I went for a partial working image to the FF to a screen where the colors where off back to an FF error.
Sound interface error that you're seeing could be multiple things. Since you are getting a flashing yellow light (the handshake), that's good. That means your pcb is firing the z80 sound cpu. Best to look at RAM or reseat the kit. ALWAYS check your pcb ribbon cables too! All dips on the sound I/O pcb need to be set to OFF also.
It worked before I installed the kit...
From the looks of it, possibilities are -
- The 93442 proms on your pcb
- Ribbon cable of the kit