- Easy install - No soldering, board modifications or special wiring. Plug in and go!
- Save your scores forever - We use a serial eprom, not failure prone NVRAM or batteries
- High Score Save - Saves the Top 8 scores!
- Has separate score tables - Different high score saving for number of lives chosen! (2, 3, 4 or 5 lives are separate HSS tables!) That gives you 8 separate High Score Tables for Original Tempest and Tempest Tubes!
- ROM Revisions - Choose between the ORIGINAL roms or Tempest Tubes!
- Attract Sounds - Hear what you've been missing! Set at 25%, 50% or 100% of the attract screen rotation!
- Freeplay - No more coins or opening up the coin door!
- Coin Up - Still supports coins if wanted
- Attract Mode - Minimize your screen burn. No more "static" screens!
- Change DIP settings - Menu driven. No more pulling out your game to get inside to change dip switches!
- Rom Saver - You can remove original program roms if desired to save power!
- Support - Can be used in an Upright or Cocktail cabinet!
- Backup and Restore - Able to backup high scores and restore them later! Ideal for before and after game room parties!
- Reset Button - Restart a game without turning the entire game off (Requires to be ENABLED in menu)
- Fast boot - No waiting for initialization!
- CHOOSE YOUR LEVEL! - Able to choose what level (up to 81) from the game menu!
- Time to choose level bumped up to 60 seconds instead of 10.
- Tournament mode!
- Different settings need different HSS tables, right? ie. 3 lives vs 5 lives
Just the facts - Tempest ROM REVISION notes -
There are some kits out that use "ROM Revisions" as a game select in the multi. I threw that out since most of us want to play a great game of Tempest or Tubes. Why call it a 6 in 1 or 8 in 1 when it's really the same stuff? Below are a list of "changes" to the REV 1, 2 and 3 rom sets.*
*One quick way to see which revision of the ROMs you have is to put the game in test mode and turn the spinner. If it reads in HEX instead of Degrees of Rotation, you've got REV 1. Also, it's said that REV 1 Attract Mode is harder on the monitor since it has a maximum corner to corner sweep which is missing from the second revision.
- Tempest ROM Version 1 contains the cheat for 40 credits
- Version two fixed the cheat
- Version three fixed the screen collapse between the player 1 / player 2 change (This is the version on kit)
40 Credit Cheat - ROM Set V1 -
- This is a cheat that was aparently left in by somebody at Atari. It was removed in ROM 217 and 222 Software Revision 2.
- Given a score with the format XXYYZZ: XX must be greater than 16, YY between 29 and 60, and ZZ is a code.
Codes for ZZ are as follows:
00 - freeze screen
01 - access bookkeeping totals
05 - play during attract mode
06 - 40 credits
11 - 40 credits
12 - 40 credits
14 - credit sound without actual credit
15 - credit sound without actual credit
16 - 40 credits
17 - 40 credits
18 - 40 credits
41 - switch last 2 digits of score
42 - increase score quickly
46 - demonstration mode
50 - player moves by itself
51 - player moves by itself
60 - objects drift down
66 - objects drift right
67 - objects jump
68 - objects drift up
70 - objects drift up
Two more tricks (the coolest?) can be activated by playing the attract mode (05) and setting the last 2 digits to:
46 - random-coloured level with wrong enemies!
48 - 255 extra lives
You can purchase the online version of the save kit that features the high score upload to the internet above for $15 in the drop down choices. You will receive a specific SK and PK Key that will unlock this feature and an online module that connects with a Cat5 or Cat6 cable. See the bottom of the User Guide for more details on DHCP and DNS settings needed.
The online module will allow you to display your own arcade score board and you can compete against other game players with our save kits globally, in your own country or just in your own game room!*
You can have multiple games with online capabilities on your network. We recommend using an access point in your game room. The access point can have a switch attached that can add up to 64 ports to upload scores. These switches can be purchsed separately at any major electronics store for under $30. Once you have your games online, you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner!
* You are not able to add the online module after the initial purchase as the socket and connectivity LED lights for it will not be populated.
The best Tempest multi kit available by far!!
Easy to install single PCB upgrade solution with a slick menu interface. I opted for the online version and I'm very pleased. An excellent value and simply the best Tempest kit available on the market... period.