Jr Pacman Installation Guide
Steps for a successful install of your online or offline high score save kit -
· Ensure your gameboard is working 100% before installing kit
· Ensure power to game is off before removing your gameboard from cabinet
· Label any connectors that you will be disconnecting. This will make reinstalling easier once kit is on gameboard
· Note which way your connectors/cables are on. (We suggest taking pictures to help you remember!)
· Work in a well-lit area on your workbench
The Jr Pacman kit contains -
· 1 – z80 Daughter card
Please note – you will need a z80 to install on this kit. There is an option to purchase in the drop downs of the product page when you order. Or you can use an existing one.
Start with locating your z80 socket.
This is what your pcb should look like. There are 2 different PCBs that the Jr Pacman kit will work with. Please note where the kit will install on the PCB of what you have. This kit will only work on a Jr Pacman PCB.
The Conversion Jr Pacman pcb is very similar, however, it does not plug into a standard Pacman (or Ms. Pacman) cabinet like the FIELD pcb above. It uses a DC power pcb...also pictured below.
The z80 and the ROMs and GALs are highlighted –
POWER PCB for DEDICATED/CONVERSION Jr Pacman cabinet. If you have this pcb in your game, it's most likely dedicated!
1. Remove z80 processor (optional ROMs and GALs can also be removed. Will need a riser if you do not remove)
2. Remove cpu, plug cpu on savekit, plug kit where z80 was. Note the notch on the z80. Online kit shown as reference. The offline will install the same way.
Also, you will have to use a "riser" socket if you are not removing the ROMs and GALs.
The kit overhangs the pcb a tad on the far side.
Double check your work
Install back in cabinet using pictures you took and any marked connectors
Power up the game and enjoy!
If the game does not start, turn power off immediately, double check your work.
Helpful link - https://highscoresave.com/highscoresaves-kit-tips-and-tricks
How do I get to the menu settings?
With the power off on your game. Press and hold P1 while you turn the game on. Release P1 button when the screen tells you to. You are now in the main menu settings. This is a feature built into your kits, so the menu settings are not accessible to your guests or family.
Now, having said that, you need to enable this feature in the menu settings, or disable if you want your kit to give you approximately 5 seconds every time you turn on your game.