Time Pilot 84 Installation Guide
Steps for a successful install of your online or offline high score save kit -
- Ensure your gameboard is working 100% before installing kit
- Ensure power to game is off before removing your gameboard from cabinet
- Label any connectors that you will be disconnecting. This will make reinstalling easier once kit is on gameboard
- Note which way your connectors/cables are on. (We suggest taking pictures to help you remember!)
- Work in a well-lit area on your workbench
The Time Pilot '84 Kit contains -
- 1 - 6809 Daughter card
Please note – you will need a 6809E to install on this kit. There is an option to purchase in the drop downs of the product page when you order. Or, you can use an existing one.
This is what your pcb should look like. This kit will only work on a Time Pilot '84 PCB. Remove 6809E processor (optional ROMs can also be removed.
Pic of the 6809E removed –
Remove 6809E, plug 6809E on save kit, plug kit where 6809E was.
Note the notch on the 6809. Offline kit shown as reference. The online will install the same way. Also, you will have to use a "riser" socket if you are not removing the ROMs.
The kit overhangs the pcb a tad on the far side. See above.
- Double check your work
- Install back in cabinet using pictures you took and any marked connectors
- Power up the game and enjoy!
If the game does not start, turn power off immediately, double check your work.
Helpful link - https://highscoresave.com/highscoresaves-kit-tips-and-tricks
How do I get to the menu settings?
With the power off on your game. Press and hold P1 while you turn the game on. Release P1 button when the screen tells you to. You are now in the main menu settings. This is a feature built into your kits, so the menu settings are not accessible to your guests or family.
Now, having said that, you need to enable this feature in the menu settings, or disable if you want your kit to give you approximately 5 seconds every time you turn on your game.