Rally X Multigame Installation Guide
Steps for a successful install of your online or offline high score save kit -
· Ensure your gameboard is working 100% before installing kit
· Ensure power to game is off before removing your gameboard from cabinet
· Label any connectors that you will be disconnecting. This will make reinstalling easier once kit is on gameboard
· Note which way your connectors/cables are on. (We suggest taking pictures to help you remember!)
· Work in a well-lit area on your workbench
Please note – you will need a z80 to install on this kit. There is an option to purchase in the drop downs of the product page when you order. Or you can use an existing one.
Start with the CPU PCB in your stack.
This is what your pcb should look like. This kit will only work on a Rally X PCB.
1. Locate your z80. Remove.
2. Install the z80 onto the daughter card then attach on PCB like this. [Ensure PIN 1 of the z80 is installed with the proper orientation]-
Pin1 on z80 –
[Optional] Program ROMs can be removed. See picture above.
Now, let’s work on your grafx PCB of the stack, it will look like this –
3. Remove the eproms and PROMs from 8E, 8F, 8P and 11N. [you will no longer need these with the kit installed. Store them safely.]
4. Install the corresponding parts of the kit into these sockets. It will look like this [your kit will be labeled with locations] –
· GFX daughter card at 8E
· Colortable PROM at 8P
· Color PROM at 11N
There may be an additional connector on the ribbon cable. This is fine and not used. I try to save time and may use a cable from another kit. [shown in pic above]
Ensure you change the GFX rom setting in the menu. Circled in yellow below –
Alternate Rally X pcb
There are a few styles of Rally X pcbs, here’s another type and where to install your Rally X Multigame daughter cards –
- Double check your work
- Install back in cabinet using pictures you took and any marked connectors
- Power up the game and enjoy!
If the game does not start, turn power off immediately, double check your work.
Helpful link - https://highscoresave.com/highscoresaves-kit-tips-and-tricks
How do I get to the menu settings?
With the power off on your game. Press and hold P1 while you turn the game on. Release P1 button when the screen tells you to. You are now in the main menu settings. This is a feature built into your kits, so the menu settings are not accessible to your guests or family.
Now, having said that, you need to enable this feature in the menu settings, or disable if you want your kit to give you approximately 5 seconds every time you turn on your game.