Moon Cresta Installation Guide
Steps for a successful install of your online or offline high score save kit -
· Ensure your gameboard is working 100% before installing kit
· Ensure power to game is off before removing your gameboard from cabinet
· Label any connectors that you will be disconnecting. This will make reinstalling easier once kit is on gameboard
· Note which way your connectors/cables are on. (We suggest taking pictures to help you remember!)
· Work in a well-lit area on your workbench
Please note – you will need a z80 to install on this kit. There is an option to purchase in the drop downs of the product page when you order. Or you can use an existing one have.
This is what your pcb should look like. This kit will only work on a Moon Cresta PCB.
This savekit works only on an original Centuri / Nichibutsu Board
Moon Cresta and Eagle differs only in some small parts in the code and the graphic roms. That's why this save kit works for both (you only have to select the type of graphic roms you have in the main menu)
Note - The save kit is preset to Eagle (Centuri), if you have Moon Cresta, do not forget to change the Rom version in the main menu.
THIS save kit does NOT WORK on other boards e.g. Galaxian or Gremlin Hardware.
Locate the Z80B-CPU at location 8B on the right pcb shown in the pic -
Remove the daughter board shown in the pic above. This daughter board is no longer needed.
Check and remember Pin1 of the CPU at Location 8B.
[Ensure PIN 1 of the z80 is installed with the proper orientation]
Install z80 on the daughter card. Now carefully plug the save kit on the socket
- Double check your work
- Install back in cabinet using pictures you took and any marked
- Power up the game and enjoy!
If the game does not start, turn power off immediately, double check your work.
Helpful link - https://highscoresave.com/highscoresaves-kit-tips-and-tricks
How do I get to the menu settings?
With the power off on your game. Press and hold P1 while you turn the game on. Release P1 button when the screen tells you to. You are now in the main menu settings. This is a feature built into your kits, so the menu settings are not accessible to your guests or family.
Now, having said that, you need to enable this feature in the menu settings, or disable if you want your kit to give you approximately 5 seconds every time you turn on your game.