Braze Space Invaders Deluxe Installation Guide
Steps for a successful install of your online or offline high score save kit -
· Ensure your gameboard is working 100% before installing kit
· Ensure power to game is off before removing your gameboard from cabinet
· Label any connectors that you will be disconnecting. This will make reinstalling easier once kit is on gameboard
· Note which way your connectors/cables are on. (We suggest taking pictures to help you remember!)
· Work in a well-lit area on your workbench
The Braze Space Invaders Deluxe kit contains -
· 1 – 8080 Daughter card
· Please note – This is a guide to install Braze Space Invaders Deluxe kit.
Please note – you will need a 8080 to install on this kit. There is an option to purchase in the drop downs of the product page when you order. Or you can use an existing one.
This is what your pcb should look like. This kit will only work on a Space Invaders Deluxe PCB.
1. Locate your 8080 CPU on your pcb and remove. It’s the only 40 pin eprom there -
2. Insert the 8080 on you new save kit [Note orientation of the 8080]-
3. Install the 8080 on save kit as shown -
5. [Optional] Program ROMs can be removed
· Double check your work
· Install back in cabinet using pictures you took and any marked connectors
· Power up the game and enjoy!
If the game does not start, turn power off immediately, double check your work.
Helpful link - https://highscoresave.com/braze-kit-tips-and-tricks
A common mistake is not having the daughter card inserted correctly, either hanging over the socket by 1 pin, or in backwards. In this case you will usually just see the powerup garbage on the screen. This garbage is just the random bits that are in the character RAM at powerup, and it indicates the CPU was not able to run.
Powerup and game and enjoy!
Reinstall your board into the cabinet, hookup the edge connector with the original orientation and then powerup your game.
If the game does not come up, turn power off immediately, double check your work.
As a side note, if you want, you can also remove the old code eproms. These are located at the edge of the board near the 8080 CPU location.
Easy to clear out the high scores when desired. Simply put the game into selftest (using the cabinet selftest switch). Once in selftest mode, press and hold) the start button and the fire button.