Battlezone Installation Guide
Steps for a successful install of your online or offline high score save kit -
- Ensure your gameboard is working 100% before installing kit
- Ensure power to game is off before removing your gameboard from cabinet
- Label any connectors that you will be disconnecting. This will make reinstalling easier once kit is on gameboard
- Note which way your connectors/cables are on. (We suggest taking pictures to help you remember!)
- Work in a well-lit area on your workbench
The Battlezone Kit contains -
· 1 - 6502 Daughter card
Please note – you will need a 6502 to install on this kit. There is an option to purchase in the drop downs of the product page when you order. Or, you can use an existing one.
This is what your pcb should look like. This kit will only work on a Battlezone PCB.
1. Locate your 6502 CPU -
2. Remove your 6502 and insert on you new save kit [Note orientation of the 6502] –
3. Install the 6502 on save kit as shown -
4. Install save kit on your PCB with the 6502 in same orientation before you placed on the save kit [Ensure PIN 1 of the 6502 is installed in the proper orientation]
5. Ensure nothing is touching underside of the save kit. A riser/additional socket may be used
6. [Optional] Program ROMs can be removed
- Double check your work
- Install back in cabinet using pictures you took and any marked connectors
- Power up the game and enjoy!
If the game does not start, turn power off immediately, double check your work.
Helpful link - https://highscoresave.com/highscoresaves-kit-tips-and-tricks
How do I get to the menu settings?
With the power off on your game. Press and hold P1 while you turn the game on. Release P1 button when the screen tells you to. You are now in the main menu settings. This is a feature built into your kits, so the menu settings are not accessible to your guests or family.
Now, having said that, you need to enable this feature in the menu settings, or disable if you want your kit to give you approximately 5 seconds every time you turn on your game.